Thursday, January 10, 2013

SLEEPLESS IN ADELAIDE




I am not a good sleeper anywhere - at home or away from home.
I used to go to sleep very quickly but staying asleep was the problem but now I am having trouble dropping off to sleep.

I have been known to do the washing, clean the stove and cook in the hours between midnight and dawn.  

I would often be found sitting out of bed reading or going for a walk around the ward when I was in hospital and many a kind nurse has got me a cup of tea and spent time chatting.

I did have some lovely day time sleeps in hospital and when i first came home, but now I am back in the old routine of restless, sleepless nights.

I don't stay there tossing and turning - I try for a while and then I get up and find something to do.  

I am thankful for a warm and comfortable bed and often enjoy the anticipation of a good sleep which then does not materialize
I rarely set an alarm and when I do I usually am awake to turn it off before time.

Sleepless in Adelaide - that's me.

Love and hugs,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment