Monday, June 20, 2011

BUSYNESS IN BUSINESS



I didn't get out of bed this morning until nearly eight and I have been out of step with the world all day.  Can't find things and very slow to get going.  It got me to thinking about the "busyness in business" and how well I remember the lifestyle that now belongs to my daughters.  

I remember the early morning meetings (after walking the dogs at the Football oval at 5.00.a.m. - the long business hours, the tidying up afterwards and getting ready for the next day.   I remember coming home exhausted and falling into bed only to be woken by the Security Firm - the business alarm was going off would I meet them there?  

The rushed trips around the supermarket, the cooking dinner while the dishwasher and the washing machine sang merrily away.  It would all go to routine and then suddenly something would move - someone would sleep in, not be able to find a uniform. or wake sick and arrangements have to be made to cover the day and get a child to the Doctor.  I used to change my hat many times during the course of a single day.

As I now watch my own daughters and their "busyness in business" I somehow imagine they are walking in my shoes and I don't envy them their lifestyle at all.

I am content with my days - it didn't matter a scrap that I was late rising - it just irked me because I am in the routine of early rising and if it happens again tomorrow well then who will it affect - only me and I think I can cope with it all.

Love and hugs,
Linda.

No comments:

Post a Comment