Thursday, June 16, 2011

MOON MOON SHINY AND SILVER


Between trying to sleep and getting up to watch the Lunar Eclipse at four this morning - I did lots of thinking about the moon and the affect is has on our lives and conversation.

We encourage our little children to look at the Man in the Moon, We have story book moons with nightcaps on, superstitions about turning your money over when there is a new moon, and rings around the moon mean rain.

We talk about a blue moon, a silvery moon, a harvest moon and all of it relates to the pull it has on our lives.  The tides turn at the pull of the moon ans it really does have a place in mythology and magic.
Lots of rituals take place around the seasons of the moon.  Lots of people do their seed planting by the cycles of the moon.
There are hundreds of pages about the fascination of the moon, written by many people.

In my world I love the light it brings and the daily changes I see in my sky and I am fascinated to be followed my a moon shadow.

"I'm Being followed by a moon shadow."
Cat Stevens - Yoseph Islam


Love and hugs.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment