Tuesday, June 14, 2011

CROSSWORD PUZZLES


Part of me and who I am is all about words and crossword puzzles bring pleasure and hopefully keep my brain keen.

I have an Uncle who compiles Cryptic Crossword Puzzles for the London Times and my Father and I always used to do them so I guess it is in the "genes".

The challenge of working out the logic and thinking of the person who has written the grid often pleases and yet frustrates me.  I not only need to know what the answer is but I need to know the logic of working out how it came about.    Sometimes I don't agree with the definition or word play. the tense or even the grammar but at least it gets my brain thinking and puzzling.  The Dictionary is always out on the table and is a much loved item here. 

None of the number games such as Sudoku for me - I am a words girl through and through.

"Cruciverbalist" can refer to someone who designs or attempts to solve crossword puzzles.

Love and hugs,
Linda.

1 comment:

  1. What a cool family of words you grew up in. I am a numbers girl so i like Sudoko

    ReplyDelete