Monday, June 13, 2011

NOM DE PLUME

NAMES, NAMES, NAMES

I have always written under my own name and have sometimes questioned the wisdom of this and during another sleepless night I considered a "Nom de Plume" (Name of Pen or Pen Name) and all sorts of names went spinning through my head.  

Another flight of fancy I hear you say - well it whiled away a few hours and I am still considering the validity of establishing a pen name and starting to write under that name,  I can come up with about six that I like and going to give it some more thought before I make a decision.  

So if you see some writing coming up under a more exotic name - it will still be me and if you have any suggested names let me know. 

Thank you for sharing the solitude of this soliloquy.

Love and hugs,
Linda.




2 comments:

  1. Linda I originally used a pen name when I first published my writing online but then I was told by someone who was a journalist that it would be considered 'bad form' to re-publish using a different name, even if it was my own real name. I don't know how true this is but it may be something else to consider. I know I still can't make up my mind on this issue.The teacher of the creative writing class I took part in earlier this year believed it was a good idea to use a pen name for reasons of 'personal privacy'.She was a published author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want a pen name, I am sure it will be the one for you, and will be decided on after a lot of staring at the ceiling, watching shadows dancing and listening to the noises of the early mornings

    ReplyDelete