Tuesday, June 28, 2011

OLD DOGS

Liefja -(small sweet beloved)


Indeed she was small for her breed and very sweet and was very loved -she was mine and loved me unconditionally.   The children used to take her for a walk and when she realized I was not holding the lead she would sit down and not go any further.   Many times they carried her home vowing never to take her again.

She was mine and was happy just to be with me - by my bed, by my desk or walking as long as it was the two of us she was happy - and I was too.

I didn't need a dog or even want one but this little lady attached herself to me the minute I saw her and I was smitten when she came across and sat on my knee on the floor.
I was enchanted and she was delightful.

We shared lots of times together and sad as it was I was the one who told the Vet to let her go when he phoned me to tell me there was nothing he could do for her.,

I accepted that position of trust and honoured her beautiful life and nature by letting her go.   I still have the memories and always will.

Love and hugs,
Linda.

No comments:

Post a Comment