Saturday, June 11, 2011

SATURDAY SOLITUDE

It's afternoon in a cold city and this is a holiday weekend and I have been thinking about those people who are off in their caravans/holidays homes enjoying relaxing times because they have three days to spend together.

For others a short plane ride has taken them to another city playing host to concerts and festivals and their weekend will be a whirl of music,fine food and time spent together.

Each day holds different meanings for us all - and we can either just accept it quietly or eagerly open our arms and embrace the day and what it brings to us.

My family are all over the place this weekend - some at sporting events, some at home, others interstate and others collecting friends and family after overseas holidays.  Each day gives us 24 hours of time to spend working, relaxing or sleeping (eight of each)  well I don't sleep well enough to claim my eight hours but I sure use those left over to add to my thinking time and I cherish that time when I can let my mind have free rein and go through memories, make plans, give thanks or mentally change the world.

Thank you for reading this soliloquy - Love and hugs,




No comments:

Post a Comment