Tuesday, July 12, 2011

YESTERDAY'S MEMORIES


Yesterday's memories are often sweet and kind and yet there are the other sort which bring pain and hurt and sometimes regret to our lives.

Today has been a grey day with heavy cloud cover and I rather think that this affects my mood too.   Today is the 9th. anniversary of the death of a friend and it is with sadness that I recall that day.

It is sad in many ways but it was the morning of that day that brought paid to us when our beloved dog Louie had to go to sleep and leave an empty space.

I was the one who had to make the phone call and let her know about Louie and that is when she just fell to the ground and I never heard her voice again.

Talking with a friend earlier today we remembered some of the very funny things she said and did and although there is a sadness there is also a sweet release.

I tried my best to help her though dark and dismal days and have no regrets apart from the space that is left behind.

Linda. 

No comments:

Post a Comment