Friday, August 26, 2011

BLOSSOMS, BOOKSHELVES AND BLOOD TESTS



My head is buzzing, I can't sit still and my stomach is churning.

The day has dawned with sunshine and blue sky - it is cool but it s beautiful - there are blossoms on trees and spring has sprung (not officially but I don't think Mother Nature operates by a calendar),

I have been sorting through books and bookshelves and that always brings me pleasure - to retouch books I have read long ago and to recall the pleasure they brought.  I love the touch, the feel of paper and the smell of books (which is probably why I have so many around me),

We are taking our daughter to the airport as she flies out for a business trip to Sydney and it will be nice to spend a little time with her - she has a busy life.

All of these lovely things happening and yet why is my stomach in a knot - it's the blood test.   Blood was taken on Tuesday and the results emailed to Flinders and I know if there was a problem they would have rung me by now - my head knows that but my heart doesn't.

I am well - then why do I get so jittery ? - I guess that it part of my nature and part of the uncertainty of life post transplant and at 86 weeks out one would think I would be more settled about things.  But I am not - my appointment this afternoon at 4.00.p.m. will reveal all so I am trying to find peace and calm in the joys around me.  To see the little things that inspire me and encourage me and to calmly let the day evolve.

I am fiercely independent (my daughter prefers the word stubborn) and waiting is something I don't do very well.)  This is all part of a learning process for me and so I am watching a butterfly flit  around my garden from plant to plant and thinking how fragile life is for all of us and how blessed I am to have each new day with family and friends.


Lesson for me to learn here is to keep the faith and to trust and to be present to each moment of my life.


Love and hugs,
Linda 

No comments:

Post a Comment