Thursday, August 4, 2011

THINKING AND WE ALL KNOW HOW DANGEROUS THAT CAN BE.


What do I see when I look in the mirror - how do I feel about what I see?

These are my intimate thoughts and expressions of how I feel and think about things and looking in the mirror at times is not what I would want it to be.

Physically - I am different - my long dark hair is gone and in it's place is short "coloured" hair and that are wrinkles and lines on my face and neck, which map out the journey I have taken in my life and the hurdles I have crossed.

The reflection I see, is what I hope the world sees ~~~~~
someone with laughter in her eyes and a kind smile.

Life has changed me a great deal and change can be good. I am still passionate about so many things and still do not tolerate injustice at all well, but I have learned not to stress and fret over the things I cannot alter.  I have learned to concentrate my efforts into the things that I  can alter and accept those things I cannot.

Acceptance, when it comes is rather beautiful, it is just a quiet resignation to learning to live within the constraints now put upon me.  Neither liking or disliking them - just accepting them.

I have learned if I want to sit in my dressing gown for the morning, writing letters and listening to Rod Stewart - then that's okay.  The world will not go into a holding pattern if I am not showered and dressed by seven in the morning.  If I choose to go to bed before dark and get up during the night and do things - then that's okay too.

Acceptance is what it is all about and when I look in the mirror I accept the image that looks back at me and I think I am okay.

Love and hugs,
Linda.

No comments:

Post a Comment